Training Cars and Boats for the February 2023 Detailing Class

Mike Phillips

Global Director of Training
Staff member
Training Cars and Boats for the February 2023 Detailing Class

This class will sell-out, here's the link to sign-up to avoid being put on the Standby List

Click here to sign-up for the February 17th - 19th 3-day class in Stuart, Florida!

Current list - more coming...

In this thread I'll share pictures of the cars and boat you'll be training on in the February Class. Sharing WHAT you're going to work on is something Mike Phillips has the LONGEST history of doing BEFORE you sign-up and pay for the class. No other company, class or instructor does this. Go ahead - search. And when they start (if they start), it's because they are copying me.

Friday Car Detailing

For the Friday/Saturday Paint Correction, Ceramic Coatings and Production Detailing class sessions.

1957 Chevy RestoMod

full

1955 Chevy Bel Air - Original - HORRIBLE PAINT - scroll down page for more info on this car.

full

1956 Ford F100 Streetrod

full

1953 Buick Special Streetrod

full

1939 Cadillac Streetrod

full

For the High Quality Production Detailing Class using 3D SPEED

1970 Plymouth Fury III Convertible

full

full

full

full

1979 Cadillace Eldorado Convertible

full

full

full

1936 Ford Convertible Streetrod

full

1966 Chevy Nova Muscle Car (custom 1967 front clip)

full

Machine Dry Sanding Class

For the Saturday Dry Sanding, Rotary Polisher, Orbital Polisher and Ceramic Coating class session

2007 Dodge RAM Truck with fresh, custom BLACK paint job and lots of Orange Peel!

full

full

full

1989 Plymouth Grand Fury Police Squad Car - Black & Whiter! - Fresh Custom Paint Job with Orange Peel!

full

1962 Chevy Panel Truck Streetrod - FRESH CUSTOM PAINT JOB with Orange Peel!

full

Boat Detailing

For the Sunday Boat sanding, compounding and ceramic coating class session

More to come...

Mike Phillips

Last edited:

Mike Phillips

Staff member
***Update***

Yesterday I confirmed another car for the Saturday portion of the 3-day class on how to use the 3D Dry Sanding System.

This is a 1989 Plymouth Grand Fury Police Car or Squad Car. This car has a fresh custom paint job and lots of Orange Peel, a perfect and fun car to learn the art of dry sanding.

full

The Light Bar on the roof will be removed before the class to give us 100% access to the paint on the roof.

full

Those attending this class will get to learn how to successfully use the 3D Dry Sanding System.

full

This class will also be the first class to get to use the brand new 6mm Drive Unit by FLEX for machine sanding.

full

When FLEX launched the PXE-80, it came with,

1. Rotary Driver Unit
  2. 3mm Random Orbit Drive Unit
  3. 12mm Random Orbit Drive Unit

Because I teach machine sanding classes and also offer custom sanding to my clients with custom cars, I tested both the 3mm and the 12mm drive units for sanding with the FLEX PXE-80 and I found,

3mm Random Orbit Drive Unit = Too weak or anemic to maintain sanding disc rotation.

12mm Random Orbit Drive Unit = The orbit stroke is too large and prevents you from sanding close to an edge or a raised body line.

Personal Request to FLEX
Within a few weeks I sent an email and a video to Chris Metcalf explaining how the 3mm was too small and the 12mm was too large. I asked him to contact FLEX Engineers and ask them to create a NEW drive unit in 6mm, 7mm or 8mm for both machine sanding and also for paint correction.

Within a few weeks I was sent a prototype 6mm Random Orbit Drive Unit and I've been using it ever since and I'm happy to announce that not only is this the perfect add-on for the FLEX PXE-80 for both sanding and buffing, but it will be available this year!

The NEW 6mm FLEX Random Orbit Drive Unit!

full

Stay tuned...

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Staff member
***Update***

Just confirmed this 1955 Chevy Bel Air for the February Class. This is an all-original car except it's been repainted a few times in the past.

1. The front clip is single stage enamel.
  2. The roof is basecoat/clearcoat
  3. The rear clip has two different paint jobs and you can clearly see a Blend Line

Overall the paint on this car is in HORRIBLE condition. This will be one of the FIRST cars you train on starting Friday morning. This will be one of our cars for the Multiple-Step Paint Correction and Ceramic Coating Class. Students will start out Friday morning learning to use the FLEX PE14 Rotary Polisher with 3D 510 Premium Rubbing Compound to remove defects and prepare the paint for the second step - machine polishing.

The pictures show lots of swirls, scratches, water spots and the blend line but n person - the paint is even WORSE than what you see in the pictures.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

At least the interior is in nice shape. :)

full

Stay tuned, I'll have pictures of the boats for this class ASAP

-Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Staff member
***Update***

Just added 2 more cars for the class on how to do High Quality Production Detailing using 3D SPEED!

See the first post in this thread and check out these 2 MONSTROUS HUGE LAND YACHTS!

1970 Plymouth Fury III Convertible

1979 Cadillace Eldorado Convertible

Class is almost full, click the link below to sign-up online or call Charlie to sign-up over the phone.

2648 SE Market Place
Stuart, FL 34997

Dates
Friday, February 17th
Saturday, February 18th
Sunday, February 19th

Click this link to sign-up online

OR

Call Charlie to sign-up over the phone: 661-678-9614

:)

Mike Phillips

Staff member
***Update***

Just confirmed a 2007 Dodge RAM Truck with a fresh CUSTOM paint job and EXTREME orange peel. This is one of the training vehicles for the Saturday portion of the upcoming 3-day class on how to use the 3D Dry Sanding System to create a show car finish.

full

full

full

full

full

full

Mike Phillips