Hotels, Airports and Restaurants s near 3D's Training Center

Mike Phillips

Global Director of Training
Staff member
Hotels, Airports and Restaurants s near 3D's Training Center!

If you're driving or flying in from any kind of distance and especially if you're attending all three days, here's some helpful information.

First, here's where we're located.

3D Training Center/Warehouse/Store
2648 SE Market Place
Stuart, FL 34997

Hotels

Courtyard Stuart by Marriott

full

I highly recommend this hotel. It's a few dollars more than the rest but it's a Marriott - so you know the quality is there plus they have a Bistro with a Starbucks and a lounge with a full bar and the food ain't bad either. It's off the first side-road and light intersection after getting off the I-95 and 4.7 miles from the 3D Training Center, just a hop and a skip down the road. (easy drive and easy to find)

Courtyard Stuart
7615 SW Lost River Road
Stuart, Florida 34997
772-781-3344

Discount Rate for Courtyard Stuart - 3D Detailing Classes!

The best hotel to stay at when taking any of the detailing classes at 3D in Stuart, Florida is the Courtyard Stuart. 3D and Marriott have partnered together to get our guest the best rate possible. Keep in mind room rates fluctuate depending upon the time of year.

For the upcoming classes in 2023 - click the link below to get the best rate available for the class you're attending. You will find the information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.

NOTE:[/B] February is what the hotel industry refers to as IN SEASON. There's In Season and Off Season and what this means is the most popular time to visit South Florida is February, March and April and for this reason hotel room rates are the highest. Apologies - it's just how the hotel industry work. -Mike

Class Dates

Friday, February 17th, 2023
Saturday, February 18th, 2023
Sunday, February 19th, 2023

Last Day to Book and get this discount: Thursday, February 2nd - Updated 1/12/2023 -Mike[/B]

Click here to book your group rate for 3D Products Car Detailing Class

There is an in-house restaurant and the Cracker Barrel and McDonald's are right next door. They offer free Wireless Internet in all their rooms. Just across the street are La Forchetta, Wendys and Dunkin Donuts. Talk about convenient.

Holiday Inn Express - Stuart Florida
7900 SW Lost River Road
Stuart, FL 34997
772-287-2522

Wendy's and Dunkin Donuts are right next door. They offer free Wireless Internet in all their rooms.

Comfort Suites Stuart-Hutchinson Island
3423 SE Federal Highway
Stuart, FL, 34997

This hotel is literally right down the road from the 3D Training Center. I wish they had a lounge like the Courtyard Stuart but they don't. So this hotel won't work for the Meet 'N Greets I hold in the evening after the classes. HUNDREDS if not thousands of people have taken my classes at Autogeek over the last 11 years and I'm telling you straight-up - everyone loves the Meet 'N Greets - so I need a place to hold them and normal restaurants and bars are to noisy and loud. The Courtyard Stuart works PERFECT.

So this is one reason I recommend staying there but if you want to stay close to the training center - it's a very short drive to the Courtyard Stuart from the Comfort Suites hotel. And don't let the name fool you, this hotel is i the heart of Stuart on US-1 - it's NOT on Hutchinson Island. I think they cause a lot of confusion by naming this hotel this way but heck - what do I know?

Airports

Easy to fly into and close to 3D in Stuart, Florida

West Palm Beach Airport - Airport Code: PBI
Approximately 30 minutes from Stuart, Florida <--Closest airport to 3D Training Center

Fort Lauderdale Airport - Airport Code: FLL
Approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes from 3D Training Center in Stuart, Florida

Pain to fly into and further away from Stuart, Florida - but if you must then you must.

Miami Airport - Airport Code: MIA

Approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes away from Stuart, Florida

Orlando Airport - Airport Code: MCO

Approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes from Stuart, Florida

Great local eats

My personal recommendations for restaurants

Fresh Catch Seafood Grill
1411 SE Indian Street
Stuart, FL 34997
772-286-6711

If you want great fresh seafood be sure to eat at Fresh Catch while you're in Stuart. Bar none - the best seafood you will ever eat. They also make their own in-house hot sauce from the Peri Peri Pepper that the owner grows himself. My favorites are, Ahi Tuna Nachos and the Scallop Tacos are to die for. Anything on the Happy Hour menu is great too including Fish Tacos.

The Dolphin Bar & Shrimp House
1401 NE Indian River Drive
Jensen Beach, FL 34957
772-781-5136

This is another great place to get great seafood as well as a great variety of traditional American dishes. My personal favorite here are the Seafood Cobb Salad, (lots of seafood in the salad. I get a side of blue cheese crumbles on the side). The Bacon Skewered Shrimp are to die for. And the Seared Ahi Tuna cannot be beat.

La Forchetta Italian Restaurant

The best Italian food you will ever eat. This is an authentic Italian restaurant and the food is AWESOME! Every pasta dish is to die for. The pizzas are great and they have gluten-free pizza, pasta, bread and dessert options. Also, because I'm a write I'm also a "word guy", the way you pronounce La Forchetta is like this - La ForKetta. My favorite is the Papa's Stromboli but EVERYTHING is great and authentic Italian. Also - If you're staying at the Courtyard Stuart or the Holiday Inn Express - La Forchette is smack dab in the middle of these two hotels. You can walk there from the Holiday Inn Express but it's better to drive there from the Courtyard Stuart as you'll have to walk across Kanner Highway to get there.

La Forchetta
7820 SW Lost River Road
Stuart Fl 34997

Getting Crabby

Small hole-in-the-wall that's a favorite for locals. Superb seafood. If you like desert, order the Orange Cake or the Peanut Butter Pie - both are to die for!

Getting Crabby
4110 SE Salerno Road
Stuart, FL 34997
772-463-1166

Taco Shack-Stuart

This is small hole-in-the wall Mexican Restaurant with a great selection of craft Tacos. They also keep a LOT of different bottles of craft hot sauces in stock for you Hot Heads

Taco Shack-Stuart
555 S Colorado Ave
Stuart, FL 34994
772-288-9696

The Boat House
The Boat House has a great menu of seafood and also American cuisine. Me? I always order the same thing - Pompeii Roll

The Pompeii Roll
Marinated tuna, Jalapeño, avocado & sriracha rolled in sushi rice and nori then flash fried and topped with Boathouse chili sauce, sriracha ginger aioli, pickled Serrano, crushed red pepper and scallions. Add some Widow Hot Sauce and you'll be in heaven.

The Boat House
49 SW Seminole St,
Stuart, FL 34994

Activities and fun things to do

Things to do in Stuart, Florida

And of course we're located at,

3D Training Center/Warehouse/Store
2648 SE Market Place
Stuart, FL 34997

We know you put a lot of time, energy and work into making and budgeting your travel to Stuart, Florida but you have my personal guarantee - you're going to learn a lot and you're also going to have a great time.

There simply are NO OTHER CLASSES like a Mike Phillips class. I promise. -Mike Phillips

:)

Last edited:

Mike Phillips

Staff member
More...

Here's the link to the menu at the Bistro at the Courtyard Stuart. Not bad for a hotel.

American Cuisine

The Bistro at the Courtyard Stuart

Your food and beverage destination for refreshing breakfast choices in the morning, and a variety of dinner and cocktail options in the evening. The Bistro also offers specialty beverages made with Starbucks coffee to help you get a jump on the day.

Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Dress code: Casual
Phone: 772-781-3344

Here's a view of the Bistro seating area

full

If there's a small group of us - we sit at the high top counter, (rare). When lots of people attend we push tables together and basically take-over the seating areas. It's rarely crowded so rarely a problem.

full

Last edited:

Mike Phillips

Staff member
More...

A great beach to visit and take the kids!

We have a lot of people that travel to Stuart, Florida to take one of our classes and often times they come as a family and turn the trip into a Florida Vacation.

As a distance swimmer, I like the challenge of working out in the ocean without the risk of being eaten by a shark. I don't mind missing my right leg but God forbid I were to lose my left leg - live would become a LOT more complicated - especially detailing cars.

After moving to Stuart, Florida in 2009 - I started out swimming offshore at a number of beaches. After learning of the shark population that tends to live and hunt just offshore along the Florida coast, and upon learning about Bathtub Beach, I switched over to working out at Bathtub Beach. The reason why is because a natural tube reef system built by Sabellariid Sea Worms.

Just to note - Bathtub Beach is not 100% shark free, there do tend to be sharks on the ocean side of the reef system, but for the most part, if you're swimming on the shore side of the reef, you're going to be safe. Of course, always pay attention to any warnings the Life Guards have posted before entering the water.

Bathtub Beach
1585 SE MacArthur Boulevard
Stuart, Florida, 34996

Here's a video showing Bathtub Beach. The first one shows some sharks on the ocean side of the reef. The diver in the video takes you underwater to show you some of the fish you can see at this park and they never encountered any sharks on the shoe side of the reef.

Here's an aerial view map you can search around.

Bathtub Beach Aerial View Map

Bathtub Beach Webcam
- See the current weather conditions on the beach

Swim Area
I did my best to outline the area close to shore and in-between the reef where you can take the kids to swim.

full

full

Last edited:

Mike Phillips

Staff member
***BUMP***

It's Friday, January 13th as I'm typing this update.

The Stuart Courtyard has sent me the link for the FEBRUARY class, still waiting for the May and September class.

I have updated the link and picture in the first post of this thread. You can now book a room at the Courtyard Marriott for the discounted rate.

I've been told there are only a few rooms left for this February 17th through the 19th detailing class. Once the Courtyard Marriott is sold-out you'll have to stay at one of the other hotel options I share above.

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Staff member