Mike Phillips BIG 3-day detailing classes

CBeast Purchase Dilemma

jas01ta

Hello Mike,

I’m a huge fan of cordless tools, but I was wondering how often you use the CBeast?

I’ve been adhering to your tool advice and currently have the Supa Beast, but is it too much overlap purchasing the CBeast?

Thanks,

Dr Oldz

Once you get one, you will use it a lot. Love mine. While it doesn’t have the power of its corded counterpart, it is still a powerful machine. Not having to deal with cords is such a joy.

I generally grab the corded version for heavy compounding or serious AIO jobs. Even on those jobs, if it’s a pick up or SUV, I’ll grab the cordless for the roof. Nice not tripping over a cord while on a work platform or ladder.

I asked myself the same question as you when I was considering purchasing mine. Looking back, I’m surprised how much use this tool gets now. I think you will be very happy should you decide to purchase it.

Mike Phillips

Global Director of Training
Staff member
Hello Mike,

I’m a huge fan of cordless tools, but I was wondering how often you use the CBeast?

I’ve been adhering to your tool advice and currently have the Supa Beast, but is it too much overlap purchasing the CBeast?

Thanks,

If you have the Supa BEAST you're good to go - if you haven't already do the 6" backing plate swap.

Here's why,

1: The tool has the power so might as well take advantage of it by turning and churning larger pads.

2: Larger diameter pads buff smoother on gear-driven orbitals - you'll enjoy the Supa BEAST more with the 6" backing plate and corresponding larger diameter pads.

My comment on the CBEAST?

1: If the car I'm working on has soft to medium paint. The swirls and scratches are NOT deep and the paint is correcting easy - then I'll use the CBEAST. This is rarely the case.

2: If I'm doing a 2-step paint correction - I'll use the CBEAST AFTER the first tool of choice, (either the cordless PE14 or the BEAST or the Supa BEAST), because the first tool and the abrasive technology I use will have removed the defects and left only light clean-up to do (if anything), because it's so nice to not have to mess with a cord.

I ALWAYS use the cordless PE14 when I need rotary work - I never used the corded version any longer.

Also - if you get a CBEAST - definitely do the backing plate swap. Gear-driven tools simply buff smoother with a larger footprint versus a smaller foot print. You know... BIGFOOT style! LOL

And for what it's worth - I never waste my time with free spinning tools unless it's to machine apply a wax or sealant or if I'm working on stupid soft paint, which is where a free spinning random orbital polisher will tend to work better than any brand of gear-driven tool.

Hope that helps...

:)

TMQ

Jas...

I have one---worth getting if you can!

I have 2 Beast, 2 Supa Beast, 1 CBeast, Battery powered CFinisher, Battery powered rotary and the pixie.

Of all the Flex tools listed above---my go polisher hands down are the Supa Beast and the CBeast!

Like Olds mentioned--I use CBeast on roofs of big arsed trucks. And Also use for light cut or laying down thin film of either sealant or wax.

Love the combo of Supa Beast and the CBeast!!

Worth it!!!

Mr Tommy

jas01ta

If you have the Supa BEAST you're good to go - if you haven't already do the 6" backing plate swap.

Here's why,

1: The tool has the power so might as well take advantage of it by turning and churning larger pads.

2: Larger diameter pads buff smoother on gear-driven orbitals - you'll enjoy the Supa BEAST more with the 6" backing plate and corresponding larger diameter pads.

My comment on the CBEAST?

1: If the car I'm working on has soft to medium paint. The swirls and scratches are NOT deep and the paint is correcting easy - then I'll use the CBEAST. This is rarely the case.

2: If I'm doing a 2-step paint correction - I'll use the CBEAST AFTER the first tool of choice, (either the cordless PE14 or the BEAST or the Supa BEAST), because the first tool and the abrasive technology I use will have removed the defects and left only light clean-up to do (if anything), because it's so nice to not have to mess with a cord.

I ALWAYS use the cordless PE14 when I need rotary work - I never used the corded version any longer.

Also - if you get a CBEAST - definitely do the backing plate swap. Gear-driven tools simply buff smoother with a larger footprint versus a smaller foot print. You know... BIGFOOT style! LOL

And for what it's worth - I never waste my time with free spinning tools unless it's to machine apply a wax or sealant or if I'm working on stupid soft paint, which is where a free spinning random orbital polisher will tend to work better than any brand of gear-driven tool.

Hope that helps...

:)
Thank you for the feedback! I’ve already done the 6” backing plate swap on the Supa BEAST so I’m set. I also previously purchased the Porter Cable based on your advice for soft paint and/or sanding. 👍🏻 The CBEAST is so tempting so we shall see. Like the idea of using it for the polishing step in a 2 step correction. Thanks again.

jas01ta

Jas...

I have one---worth getting if you can!

I have 2 Beast, 2 Supa Beast, 1 CBeast, Battery powered CFinisher, Battery powered rotary and the pixie.

Of all the Flex tools listed above---my go polisher hands down are the Supa Beast and the CBeast!

Like Olds mentioned--I use CBeast on roofs of big arsed trucks. And Also use for light cut or laying down thin film of either sealant or wax.

Love the combo of Supa Beast and the CBeast!!

Worth it!!!

Mr Tommy
Thanks for the insight! Is your shop in Rockville MD? I’m located in Frederick so not too far away. Maybe one day I’ll stop by to say hello to a fellow detailer. 👍🏻

Reactions: TMQ

jas01ta

Once you get one, you will use it a lot. Love mine. While it doesn’t have the power of its corded counterpart, it is still a powerful machine. Not having to deal with cords is such a joy.

I generally grab the corded version for heavy compounding or serious AIO jobs. Even on those jobs, if it’s a pick up or SUV, I’ll grab the cordless for the roof. Nice not tripping over a cord while on a work platform or ladder.

I asked myself the same question as you when I was considering purchasing mine. Looking back, I’m surprised how much use this tool gets now. I think you will be very happy should you decide to purchase it.
Thanks for the feedback. Cordless would be very useful for the roofs. Now, how do I explain to my wife that I need another tool. 😀

TMQ

Awesome jas01ta.....!

Sure, we should meet and I'll let you try out the CBeast on a cool ride!

Do you have my text number?

Just had a knee replacement and currently at 5 weeks post-op. Still have a ways to go. Maybe couple of more weeks or so before cutting paint again, hopefully.
That is why I haven't posted any results lately...

Mr Tommy's Wash, Buff and Wax

TMQ

View from my station at Bruno's Classic Muscle, LLC in Rockville.
I never get tired of the view! Cars moving in and out everyday.

Text me to make sure I'm there...

Mr Tommy

TMQ

Check pic #7---You'll see me using 4 polishers!!!

Mr Tommy