Mike Phillips BIG 3-day detailing classes

Best protection for a classic thats outside 24/7

TMQ

Want to stay within the 3D products family.
No ceramic for this car.

What 3D product or product combination I can use to maximize protection longevity for car that sits outside for 24/7?

It has a high quality paint that was done 8 months ago.

So what options do i have to get most out of a product for longest time outside?

Mr Tommy

Mike Phillips

Global Director of Training
Staff member
I would go with 3D POXY. Nice product. Good heat resistance and Montan wax offers excellent corrosion resistance unlike other protection ingredients.

3D POXY is also a great topper for SPEED and 505. I either use POXY or Bead It Up for a topper and when the owners of the cars I professionally detail stay on top of the maintenance, they always look great when I see them again.

:)

opie

Ive yet to try it but what about 3d touch? Since its not a full on coating. It sounds like it would be similar to gyeons can coat

If not then your really tying your hands here...due to your loyalty. Which in no way a bad thing! Ive done that so far atleast when it comes my soaps, abrasives and wheel cleaners have all been switched to 3d

If not 3d touch I guess id do poxy and the post wash wipe down with bead it up

Mike Phillips

Staff member
Ive yet to try it but what about 3d touch?

Since its not a full on coating. It sounds like it would be similar to gyeons can coat

Sounds like you've been reading the same fake news on Facebook Groups that I've seen lately and that is - any SPRAY ON ceramic is not a TRUE ceramic.

When I see some expert on Facebook type this - what I want to see is their EARNINGS STATEMENT from their job as a chemist at 3D. I'm still waiting.

The 3D Ceramic Touch is a true Ceramic Coating. If you don't remove it like the coatings that come in tiny glass bottles you will have to compound or polish it off. Prep is the same too. So for what Tom wants - it's not the right product.

This...

If not 3d touch I guess id do poxy and the post wash wipe down with bead it up

TMQ

Thanks....pretty much what I thought. Even checked out the 3D Touch. Thought that'll be the ticket. Now I'm not so sure what owner is looking for right now. Has a suble blue paint and wants that way. I know if I buff it out gloss and sheen will increase and dunno if that what owner wants.

So with that, 3D touch maybe too glassy for the owner...

Maybe just a wash and just put down Beat it up only?? No cut, no buffing, no clay bar...

Mr Tommy

TMQ

I will schedule a face to face meeting next month or so and try to learn more what he likes, his expectations and to see the car. Then I'll know more if I should or should not take the job.

Thanks!

Tom

Last edited:

opie

Sounds like you've been reading the same fake news on Facebook Groups that I've seen lately and that is - any SPRAY ON ceramic is not a TRUE ceramic.

The 3D Ceramic Touch is a true Ceramic Coating. If you don't remove it like the coatings that come in tiny glass bottles you will have to compound or polish it off. Prep is the same too. So for what Tom wants - it's not the right product.
Sorry sir i dont have any social media other than belonging to a couple detailing forums.

Let me clairify...what i ment by not a full on coating was meaning... it read to me like it would be in the catagory of the ceramic "coating lite".

Yes i know that it gets the same prep process.

I need to work on my wording and be more clear, so i dont sound like those to which you described as im not. Its never as easy as in person chatting.

Mike Phillips

Staff member
Sorry sir i dont have any social media other than belonging to a couple detailing forums.

Let me clairify...what i ment by not a full on coating was meaning... it read to me like it would be in the catagory of the ceramic "coating lite".

Yes, this would be correct. 3D Ceramic Touch is a sprayable version of the 3D Ceramic Coating.

I get you on all the other social media platforms - it's like the wild west out there - anything goes.

Yes i know that it gets the same prep process.

I need to work on my wording and be more clear, so i dont sound like those to which you described as im not. Its never as easy as in person chatting.

Completely understand. Out in the FB Group world there's just a lot of people that post their "thoughts" as "facts" and this just isn't how the world works.

It's completely okay to have "opinions" but too many are a tick to opinionated and it makes them look a tick like a know-it-all and one thing I've learned in life and that is NONE OF US KNOW IT ALL.

I consider myself a Perpetual Student.

Mike Phillips

Staff member
I will schedule a face to face meeting next month or so and try to learn more what he likes, his expectations and to see the car. Then I'll know more if I should or should not take the job.

Thanks!

Tom

Best idea. Meet the owner and look at the car together and then dial-in a plan of attack that makes everyone happy.

Mike Phillips

Staff member
I do not due any Social Media, just a few Forums were people are still in the "Real World"

There's good and bad about all the non-forum social media platforms. In today's business world these other platforms are a necessary evil.

There's lots of positive people that conduct themselves in a professional manner but they are countered by just as many people that are negative any conduct (type and speak), in ways that are unprofessional. Kind of like the U.S.A. and the world for that matter - we're divided. Sad too.

TMQ

Tried the 3D forum on Facebook, I didn’t last one day!!

By the end of the day—had to get out!!

I just hope those people don’t destroy the 3D image!!!

Mr Tommy.

Mike Phillips

Staff member
What?

The 3D Facebook group is tame and friendly - I haven’t been on it since Saturday - I’ll check it out right now.

Mike Phillips

Staff member
Tried the 3D forum on Facebook, I didn’t last one day!!

By the end of the day—had to get out!!

I just hope those people don’t destroy the 3D image!!!

Mr Tommy.

Hi Tommy,

I did a little research and the 3d Facebook Group you joined is not the official 3D Facebook Group, to be honest, I don't know anything about it or the people that run it. Heck I didn't know it existed until you posted your comment about it above.

Here's the 3D FB Group you're posting to,

3D Detailers & Paint Correction Group

Here's the official 3D Facebook Group - it's called 3D Detailing Society and we keep it clean and family friendly. This is the 3D FB Group I post to.

Detailing Society by 3D

You're a straight shooter, regular kind of guy, not the kind of person to cause problems. Hard to imagine a group of professional detailers conducting themselves so poorly they chase people off their group?

I'm not a member so I can't see how they conduct myself - feel free to share some screenshots to my cell phone.

TMQ

3D Detailers & Paint Correction Group was the one I was on. Now I'm currently out. I just didn't dig it. They didn't run me out or anything. Just didn't get a good feel of being there. Guess I was spoiled when you ran the Geek Forum---clean, neat and tight.

Maybe it's just the FB thing that bugs me rather than a professional forum.

Anyway---I'm out and I feel better too...

Tom

Mike Phillips

Staff member
Guess I was spoiled when you ran the Geek Forum---clean, neat and tight.

Thank you - I've run forum for over 20 years and my goal was always make it educational with accurate information. I also keep it fun and family friendly and this means never letting people post anything that our kids or grandparents can't read or see. This is the problem with most, (not all but most), Facebook Groups is you have too many alpha males and/or ego-driven personalites and their online persona simply turns people off and makes any regular folk want to leave and never come back.

I would never allow what you could call a Internet Bully to run the forum. Actually when I went to the geek there was a forum bully on there always putting everyone down, belittling them while puffing himself up. It took a year to get rid of him because the upper management team doesn't know how to run a forum and were afraid of hurting anyone's feelings. Appeasment NEVER works - you just get more of the thing you don't want. For some reason, some people just never understand this simple concept.

Maybe it's just the FB thing that bugs me rather than a professional forum.

Just like a real discussion forum, the "feel" you get on any Facebook Group is established by the primary group leaders. They, via their online persona or personality set the tone of the group. It's that simple. If you find a great Facebook Group it's because it has great people as its leaders. People that understand the value of conducting themselves in a professional manner not talking or "typing" like a thug.

There's 2 Facebook Groups I was active on and I recently made the decision to no longer post to them. Just not what I like in a discussion based group.