Mike Phillips BIG 3-day detailing classes

Best Kink Free Water Hose

jas01ta

Hello,

Any suggestions on a true kink free water hose?
Bought one that was advertised as kink free, but that thing is so frustrating that even my wife said to toss it.

Mike Phillips

Global Director of Training
Staff member
I'm with you, I was looking for a great kink-free 25' water hose for our classes. The first hose we bought we now call the,

KinkMaster 3000

It kinks if you look at it wrong - but it's green so company colors and once you stretch it out and pressurize it's good to go.

Then we bought 3 more hoses, these are the Orbit Yachtsman Ultimate Boat and RV 25 Ft hose from Lowe's and they kink when empty. I like these thought because we wanted 25' hoses and once you roll them out and pressurize them they don't kink.

Won't scratch or mar gelcoat
We also bought these for when we're washing the inside of boats, the white color of the hose and the material are not supposed to mar or stain white gelcoat surfaces.

From the Lowe's website

• 25 Ft x 5/8 In ultimate boat and RV hose
  • Equipped with anti-kink technology
  • Will not scratch gel-coat or fiberglass

Because we use brass quick disconnects on all ends of all hoses, once the hose is rolled out and pressure is turned on - because you can turn water on and off at the end of the hose - kinking is just not an issue. But I do hate hoses that kink easy.

My guess is - even with great technology - the kink-free water hoses are going to be thick walled and heavy duty and this is also going to make the heavy when empty.

If you find a great water hose that doesn't kink - please share back.

:)

Mike Phillips

Staff member
You can see a few pictures here,

Pictures & Comments - 2022 April 3-Day Detailing Class with 3D and Mike Phillips

full

Because they are more of alight duty hose and not a contractor grade hose - when they are empty, (and I empty out each as I coil the hose), they are light and easy to carry. Not a big deal to most but I'm the guy that will deal with the hoses the most for the next foreseeable future and I like a quality hose that doesn't kink and is lightweight when empty. So this Orbit Yachtsman works for us.

A few years I got some money back from a Class Action Lawsuit from a Kink Free Hose Company.
Might have been from Kink Master 3000 Company :)

Mike Phillips

Staff member
Flexzilla hoses are what you want and you can now get them at Walmart!

Are these the style that collapse when you turn the water off?

If so - I've tried a number of these and they never last. It's like a great idea on paper but to use every day?

Mike Phillips

Staff member
Do yourself a huge favor and buy an Eley hose. Cheapest hose you will ever buy. (Cheap hoses are for rich people, buy once cry once)

Your welcome.

Interesting. Never seen nor heard of this brand before.

Used Skynet to find it, here's the link. The 25' model is $70.00

5/8-inch Polyurethane Garden Hose

Kind of too late for me as I need to wear out the 4 hoses we currently have. I'm sure others will find this helpful.

Thank you for sharing!

Cdn_detailer

Very surprised you haven’t heard of them. I’m Canadian and eley will not ship to Canada, so my purchase required a us shipping address, and a 2 hour round trip to the border for pickup. Well worth the cost. Their hose reels are also top notch. Again… cheap hose reels are for rich people.

I’m old. And over the decades I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on hose and reels (whatever was cheapest at lowes, homedepot, Walmart, etc). Had I found eley 40 years ago I’d be ahead of the game.

I know you can appreciate quality products.